… Read More
- As many as 89,000 households have left San Francisco since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, according to San Francisco-based site Public Comment.
- Public Comment worked with the United States Postal Service to track requests for a change of address between March 1 and November 1, 2020.
- The data showed that 124,131 households requested a change of address during that period with at least 34,803 of those requests for moves to a different neighborhood within San Francisco.
- That means as many as 89,328 households left the city altogether. Those who left relocated to Las Vegas, Florida, the Denver region, and a city near Portland, Oregon, according to Public Comment.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
As many as 89,000 households have moved out of San Francisco since the start of the coronavirus pandemic.