The SpaceX Crew Dragon spacecraft carrying four astronauts is pictured approaching the International Space Station for docking on November 16, 2020. The trip from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida took 27 and a half hours. Photo courtesy of NASA |
The virtualization software Docker is getting closer to being usable by developers on an Apple Silicon Mac, with an early version of the tool confirmed as being able to run on the new chip architecture.
Mentioned in Apple’s launch of its Apple Silicon Mac lineup, Docker has yet to fully make the transition from being usable on Intel Macs to versions using M1. In a tweet, it seems the work to make the transition is making progress.
Docker VP of engineering Jean-Laurent Morlhorn shared a post on Twitter by developer Dave Scott, showing a version of Docker that is working on an M1 Mac. In commenting on the screenshot, Morlhorn adds it is a “super early version of Docker Desktop running on Apple Silicon.”
While the post is a good sign for users of the tool, it doesn’t mean it will be released imminently with Apple Silicon
Apple Black Friday sales are over, but we are only at half time because the first Cyber Monday AirPods, iPhone, iPad, MacBook and Apple Watch deals are already live. So if you thought you had missed out don’t worry, these are the sales you need to know about. Tip: this article is regularly updated, so bookmark it. (11/29 updated)
Note: Apple’s Black Friday deals will continue throughout Cyber Monday. They are all gift card-based with a $50 gift card offered on full price iPhone SE, iPhone 11 and iPhone XR models. A $25 gift card on the Apple Watch Series 3 and AirPods and a $150 gift card on “eligible” MacBook Pro and iMac models. The best deals are gift cards of up to $100 on the iPad Pro / iPad Mini and
On Tuesday, Twitter announced that it would relaunch its verification process early next year along with brand-new guidelines for users seeking out that small, blue badge.
Twitter’s announcement confirms earlier reporting in June from app researcher Jane Manchun Wong suggesting that the company was creating a new verification system. In Twitter’s Tuesday blog post, the company confirmed that this new system would roll out in “early 2021.” Twitter is also asking for feedback on a draft proposal for verification.
If no changes to this proposal are made, the accounts that would be eligible for verification would include government accounts, companies, brands, nonprofits, news media accounts, entertainment, sports, activists, organizers, and what Twitter refers to as “other influential individuals.” Each type of account must meet specific requirements, like being profiled in a media outlet, in order to receive verification. The entirety of Twitter’s draft policy can be viewed here. After
Want to stick with Intel for a while longer? AppleInsider readers can save $150 on the quad-core Core i5 13-inch MacBook Pro with an early Black Friday discount that makes it cheaper than the new M1-equipped model.
Intel 13-inch MacBook Pro deal
Sticking with Intel instead of moving to M1 has some benefits at the early stage of Apple’s transition, such as knowing that all of the apps you want to use will work, something that will take time to happen for the new model. There are other benefits as well, such as being able to run Windows or to use two external displays instead of just one.
The discount is only provided via AppleInsider using the special pricing links in this post, or via our Intel 13-inch MacBook Pro Price Guide, using a notebook or desktop computer, not mobile devices. The offer is available on the
Smartwatches are being a bit showy. Some are less like a watch and more like a sci-fi communication device, and that’s fine if you like to wear your tech tastes (literally) on your sleeve.
If your style runs a bit more subdued, there’s are always other options. This Smartwatch Round Face Health Monitor & Activity Tracker has all the functionality of a modern fitness watch in a package that goes with any outfit – not just your jogging gear.
The 1.4″ display gives you a heart rate monitor, activity tracker, battery life readout, SMS or call alerts, and the ability to switch tracks and volume on your music or podcast playlist. Those are just a few of the functions, and they’re all secure behind a stainless steel case and a comfortable silicone band. The Bluetooth connection lets it hook up easily to your favorite device. Oh, and by the way:
BOSTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Here’s a list of the top early desktop computer deals for Black Friday, including all the latest offers on Dell, Mac, iMac, HP and more. Links to the best deals are listed below.
Best Computer Deals:
- Save up to $200 on a wide range of desktop computers at HP.com– save on HP OMEN gaming desktops, high performance desktops, all-in-one PCs & towers at HP.com
- Save up to 67% on a wide range of desktop PCs, computers & laptops at Walmart
- Save up to 31% on top-rated Dell, Inspiron & XPS desktops at Dell.com – check the latest deals on a wide range of desktops including gaming, all-in-one desktops and more
- Save up to $100 on a wide range of desktop PCs & computers at Amazon – find prices on computers and monitors from HP, Lenovo, Acer and Dell
- Save up to $170 off on desktop computer
BOSTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Compare all the best early monitor deals for Black Friday, including 4K curved and ultrawide monitor savings. Links to the best deals are listed below.
Best Monitor Deals:
- Save up to 50% off on a wide range of top-rated monitors at HP.com – including savings on best-selling IPS & LED Backlit monitors
- Save up to 40% on a wide range of computer & gaming monitors at Walmart – check the latest deals available on curved, gaming, ultra-wide & 4K monitors
- Save up to 30% on a wide range of monitors and displays at Amazon – featuring savings on monitors from top rated brands like Samsung, Acer, HP, Asus and LG
- Save up to 36% on computer monitors at OfficeDepot.com – click the link for the latest prices on 4K, 1440p, 144Hz, 165Hz, ultrawide & curved monitors
- Save up to 35% on a wide range of monitors at
The best early Black Friday website hosting deals for 2020, featuring Hostinger, Bluehost, Cloudways and SiteGround deals and more
Black Friday deals researchers have listed the best early web hosting deals for Black Friday 2020, including the latest savings on Bluehost, SiteGround, Wix and HostGator hosting plans. Find the full selection of deals listed below.
Best Web Hosting Deals:
- Save on Cloudways managed WordPress hosting plans at Cloudways.com – plans include 24/7/365 support, dedicated firewalls, auto healing, automated backups, and more
- Save up to 56% on Bluehost shared hosting plans at Bluehost.com – includes free domain registration, SSL certificate, webmail, and easy WordPress installation
- Save up to 62% on SiteGround StartUp, GrowBig & GoGeek web hosting plans at Siteground.com – all the plans include free SSL, email, daily backup, CDN, unlimited database, and 30-day money-back guarantee
- Save up to $630 Wix Business and eCommerce multi-year plans at Wix.com – plans