- Amazon Web Services has created a new sales team responsible for deepening its relationship with customers — more specifically, helping sell more cloud services.
- Inside sales representative share sales quotas with account managers and are an addition to customer account teams, meant to expand AWS’s reach, according to one company insider.
- The new team is run by former Comcast VP Mike Eastman, director of Americas inside sales, who joined the company in September in Matt Garman’s sales and marketing organization, according to an org chart viewed by Business Insider.
- Microsoft has long held up its deep relationships with its customers as an advantage in the cloud wars, where it’s considered a strong second-place player to Amazon Web Services.
- Are you a Amazon Web Services employee? Contact reporter Ashley Stewart via encrypted messaging app Signal (+1-425-344-8242) or email ([email protected]).
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Amazon Web Services has created